71% of consumers say sustainable packaging is more important than ever. Pet owners are even more likely to be sustainability-minded and concerned about their impact on the environment. In keeping with this trend, Printpack introduces the Preserve™ line of packaging. Pet owners can provide fresh and safe food to their best friends while being conscientious stewards of the environment. The Preserve™ brand encompasses three types of sustainable packaging:
- Preserve™ PE – Packaging that meets the accepted design standards for recyclability through How2Recycle.
- Preserve™ PCR – Packaging that contains post-consumer recycled materials (materials that have served their original purpose and have subsequently been recycled to produce a new product). Adding PCR to your existing structures can help support your 2025 sustainability goals.
- Preserve™ Renewable – Packaging that is manufactured from renewable sources such as corn, sugar cane, or trees.
The performance benefits of Preserve™ structures are comparable to existing, less sustainable structures:
- Shelf appeal
- Manufacturing efficiency
- Different reclose options
Preserve™ packaging is available in standard barrier or high barrier in clear or white films in the following formats which are ideal for dry pet food or treats:
- Flat bottom bags
- Stand-up pouch
- Roll stock
- Pillow pouch
- Lidding tray
These format options can be flexo, roto, or digitally printed.
At Printpack, we consider the full product life cycle during our product development process and are committed to making the most efficient packaging possible. Preserve™ packaging offers numerous ways to reach your 2025 sustainability goals:
- Carbon footprint reduction
- Reduced water consumption
- Greenhouse gas reduction
To discuss your packaging requirements and grow your business with a continued focus on sustainable innovations for pet food packaging, please reach out to our dedicated Office of Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org.